What is a Facebook QR Code?
A Facebook QR Code allows you to redirect users to your Facebook page to like or follow your business. Facebook has removed this option from their platform but you can still use a QR Code solution to create customized landing pages to drive traffic to your Facebook profile or page.
How to get a QR Code for your Facebook page
- Step 1: Go to Beaconstac’s QR Code generator
- Step 2: Go to your Facebook page
- Step 3: Copy your Facebook page URL you want to drive traffic to
- Step 4: Click on Facebook Page on Beaconstac’s QR Code generator and add the URL of your Facebook page
- Step 5: Add your Facebook page username, header, change the button, and logo to get started
- Step 6: Customize the QR code to align with Facebook’s style guide
- Step 7: Generate the QR code and download it for promotions, to like the page, or share the page!
Which QR Code Generator is the best to create Facebook QR Codes? Find out
Note: If you need to open the Facebook page in the app directly, you have to follow this URL scheme fb://page/(pageID) or fb://profile/(pageID) without the https://
You will find your page ID in the About section of your Facebook page.
How to create a Facebook group QR Code
To create a Facebook group QR Code, follow these steps -
- Step 1: Copy the URL of the Facebook group
- Step 2: Log in to Beaconstac’s dashboard and select URL QR Code. Now, paste the URL of the Facebook group in the box
- Step 3: Customize the Facebook group QR Code to add a logo, change the eyes, template, and more
- Step 4: Add a password if the Facebook group is exclusive to members only
- Step 5: Generate and test the Facebook group QR Code
- Step 6: Download the QR Code
Why do I need a Facebook page QR Code?
FOR BUSINESSES AND BRANDS
QR Code to like a Facebook business page
Start driving more traffic to your Facebook business page by inviting people to like your page.
While Facebook does give you an option to invite all your friends to like the page,
there is no option to take this offline.
This is where Facebook QR Codes come in handy. You can print out QR Codes on PDFs, posters,
flyers or even brochures inviting users to like your Facebook page.
- Improving social media visibility
having a large following on social media can mean spending less money on advertising.
When consumers engage with your Facebook posts, their friends and family get notified as well.
This causes a snowball effect driving more traffic to the Facebook page and ultimately the website as well as in-store traffic.
- Sell directly on Facebook
Facebook also allows businesses
to add shoppable inventory to their page allowing customers to shop right then and there.
This adds another stream of revenue for businesses.
- Facebook recommended
While Facebook has done away with the 5-star rating system,
their new review system still allows users to leave feedback along with their recommendations.
When users are invited to like your page, they can also recommend your business.
This not only helps your business establish itself online but it also helps drive more sales.
According to BrightLocal, 91% of 18-34 year-olds trust online reviews as much as they would a personal recommendation.
While it is true that not all reviews may be positive, a bad review is an opportunity for a
business to rectify the situation which is essential given that 89% of users read a business’s response to reviews online.
- Embed on print materials to share your Facebook page
QR Codes are the most dynamic tool to bridge the gap between offline and online platforms. Sharing your Facebook page offline has never been this easy with Facebook QR Codes.
Make use of Facebook QR Codes and print them on your OOH advertisements such as billboards, banners, and flyers. Link the QR Code to your Facebook page for users to learn more about your new products, services, sales, and events seamlessly.
Facebook Messenger QR Code
Businesses and brands have long since realized how important it is to answer a shopper’s question quickly and accurately. Most consumers, however,
want their questions answered even before they step into the store. Here’s where chatbots come into play.
A chatbot is designed to ask and answer a set of
frequently asked questions and it can be as simple or complex as a brand would like it to be.
Most chatbots can be seamlessly integrated with Facebook Messenger
allowing shoppers to ask and have their questions answered anytime.
- How to use Facebook Messenger QR Code
Businesses and brands can print out the Facebook Messenger QR Code on
or have it up in their Facebook posts to get more consumers into their inbox.
Once someone scans the Facebook Messenger QR Code,
they can directly interact with the chatbot or a live person handling the inbox.
- Enquire about business hours
Let users know your business hours through a
chatbot if you are closed on certain days.
This not only saves them time but also keeps a potential customer engaged due to such prompt service.
- Product availability
Users may also want to know if you have a certain product available in your store.
By allowing them to text you on Messenger,
you can save them the time it would take to search and call businesses in the vicinity.
- Product recommendations
Some chatbots are capable of recommending products
after the user answers a few pre-set questions.
This not only helps with personalizing the whole customer experience but also helps to engage the
customer even before they step into the store.
NOTE - Facebook has discontinued messenger QR Codes. However, you can still link a QR Code to your Messenger to share with users, businesses and potential customers.
QR Code for Facebook profile page
Some people are the brand. Think Dolce and Gabbana or Donatella Versace. Along with a business page, business owners and celebrities have a verified profile page. Facebook QR Codes can be used to drive traffic to such pages as well. By allowing consumers to interact with the face of the brand, it not only drives more trust and engagement but also sales.
Facebook check-in QR Code
According to Facebook, 2.23 billion people log onto Facebook every single day.
About half of them check in on Facebook letting their network know where they are.
This bit of information is extremely valuable for businesses trying to grow and reinforce their brand.
But instead of the consumer taking the time to open up Facebook, find the location and then check-in,
there is now a better way - Facebook check-in QR Codes.
Scan these QR Codes and you can instantly check in on Facebook in less than a couple of seconds.
Businesses can use this as a way to drive more traffic to their Facebook page,
in-store traffic and gain more visibility. By placing a customized QR Code inside the store or location,
businesses can make it simple for consumers to check-in on Facebook.
Generate Facebook QR Code to promote Events
Music festivals, stand-up comedy and a trade show - all of these have one thing in common:
A Facebook event page. Generating interest online is instrumental in making the event a success.
You can use QR Code online and offline to drive users to the event page where they can indicate whether
they are ‘Interested’, ‘Going’ or ‘Not Going’. Once someone indicates that they are interested in or going
to an event,
this also helps create awareness on a bigger level as their friends get notified.
Create Dynamic QR Codes for Facebook events so that you can promote the next event without having to print the QR Code again. A Dynamic QR Code Generator is required to create dynamic QR Codes and can save you a ton of money, time and effort.
Facebook QR Codes to track campaigns
Make use of dynamic QR Codes to help gauge your marketing campaigns metrics. QR Code tracking helps you assess your marketing campaign by tracking real-time data of QR Code scans based on location, time, OS used, and even the number of scans.
Scale up your marketing efforts and improve ROI calculations to ensure your marketing campaigns are a success with Facebook QR Codes.
What can a Facebook QR Code do?
There are a range of actions that page managers can perform when they have a Facebook QR Code -
- Like a page automatically
- Connect to recommendations when a user visits their Page
- Connect users to a review page
- Check in on business locations
- Connect users to “View Offers” listing
- Additional URL to your website or landing page
- Connect users directly to your Facebook page
Why do I need a Facebook QR Code?
- Summarize your Facebook business page by adding a headline and a short description and like the page without visiting it.
- QR Codes for Facebook are customizable. Create the Facebook page QR Code by adding your brand logo with its colors and add a suitable CTA.
- Facebook QR Codes are dynamic in nature. This means that they can always be editable. Every time your business comes with new events or product release, update the same on the QR Code.
- QR Code campaigns for Facebook can be tracked and analyzed to cater better for your target audience. Beaconstac QR Code generator enables real-time QR Code scans based on its location, OS used, time, and date.
- Perfect for print marketing
Creating viral QR Code campaigns for Facebook posts
Want your engaging Facebook post to go viral? Now you can leverage QR Codes to do so.
- STEP 1: Create your Facebook post: Upload a compelling status, image or video
- STEP 2: Copy the URL and paste it into the QR Code generator
- STEP 3: Customize your QR Code with colors and add your logo
- STEP 4: Download it and share it over Email, SMS and social media
By bridging the gap between offline and online,
you can gain traction from your online following as well as users who receive your campaign in their mail
or through a flyer or a poster.
You can also integrate Facebook QR Codes into your app or website by using a QR Code Generator API to create QR Codes in bulk, Static or Dynamic QR Codes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Facebook QR Code generator?
Facebook does not have its own QR Code generator. A QR Code generator allows you to create a Facebook QR Code. Facebook QR Codes can be used to advertise your business page, to add them on profile pages, and to promote events.
Are QR Codes for Facebook free?
No, Facebook QR Codes are not free. However, Facebook QR Codes starts from just $5.
How do I check if a Facebook QR Code page is authentic?
An authentic business page on Facebook has a grey tick mark next to the name to confirm the authenticity of the organization. Facebook pages that are popular due to public interest such as global brands and celebrities have a blue tick mark as an indication of their authenticity.
Can I use a QR Code to link to my Facebook page?
- Create a QR Code using Beaconstac’s QR Code generator
- Download the QR Code in a PDF file
- Then, open the Facebook app and go to your page
- On the left hand side, scroll to See More and tap QR Code
Why is my Facebook QR Code not working?
A Facebook QR Code might not work for the following reasons -
- Check the size of the QR Code
- Check if the page linked to the QR Code is broken or expired
- Check the contrast of the QR Code
- Try to scan the QR Code from a distance and keep the smartphone straight while scanning
- Test to see if the QR Code is overcrowded
- Update the device OS to the latest one
- Download a QR Code scanner if your phone does not support the latest OS
What is QR Code on Facebook?
A Facebook QR Code is a QR Code that connects your Facebook profile and page to summarize the business evidently and mobile-friendly Facebook QR Codes are apt to connect printed materials with your Facebook page with just a single scan.
Can I link multiple Facebook Accounts with the same Facebook QR Code?
No. Only one Facebook account can be linked per Facebook QR Code. In case you’d like to campaign multiple Facebook pages, you need to create a separate Facebook QR Code for each page.