QR Codes on business cards: Why do you need it?
Adding a QR Code on a business card elevates your business strategy and can help to drive more traffic to your
website, boost app downloads, enhance social media visibility and allow customers to save your business information
on their smartphone instantly.
How to use QR Codes on Business Cards?
You can use QR Codes on business cards to -
- 1. Link to your portfolio: From LinkedIn pages to a well-designed online portfolio, businesses can
have QR Codes to link to their portfolio and hand these out at expos, conventions and meetings using PDF QR Codes or
Website QR Codes.
- 2. Enhance your business card: QR Codes can be customized as per your branding using Beaconstac’s QR
code generator to create unique QR Codes with your logo. This sets your business card apart from the
and since most users scan QR Codes out of mere curiosity, you can use it to your advantage.
- 3. Promote your business: Use Video QR Codes to link to a video explaining your business or product
is an excellent way to engage with your audience. You could also link to a webpage that attracts visitors to your business. For example, if you are a restaurant owner, place a QR Code on your business card that points to your QR menu!
- 4. Improve social media visibility: Social media QR Codes allow users to instantly like, follow or
leave a review for your business page.
- 5. Navigate to the store: You can get users to navigate to your physical brick and mortar store by
adding a QR Code that links to the Google Maps location of your store.
- 6. Keep your customers updated:: With the help of business card QR Codes, inform your customers about new product updates, opening hours, location to the business, contact information, and even social media. Link the QR Code to an online store and let your customers in the know at all times.
How to create a business card QR Code?
STEP 1: Use the Beaconstac’s QR Code generator to quickly generate a QR Code with a logo for your business.
Find out what makes a QR Code Generator the best
You can choose and create QR Codes such as -
- Website QR Codes
- App QR Codes
- PDF QR Codes
- Coupon QR Code
- Facebook QR Code
- vCard QR Code
- Location QR Code
Different types of QR Code supported
STEP 2: Once you choose the type of QR Code, select the option ‘Customize’ to enhance your QR Code design.
You can change the color and add your business’s logo. The color can be in line with your business’s unique identity
to reinforce the branding.
How to design and use QR Codes
STEP 3: Generate and test your QR Code
Click on ‘Generate QR Code’ to get your QR Code and download it for free. You can use this QR Code forever with
How can professionals use QR Codes on business cards?
Having a QR Code on your business card can be the trick to getting your next job, brand collaboration or even a new business contact. Here’s how different professionals can use QR Codes:
- Business consultants: Connect your portfolio to your business card and impress clients at networking meets. There’s no need for pesky files and long resumes. Your business card will
let a prospective client know everything they need to.
- Personal Trainers: Add fabulous ‘before and after’ pictures of your clientele with a simple QR Code on your business card and allow potential clients to book a free session with you.
Your next client is one QR Code away!
- Content Creators: Show off your amazing work with a single QR Code to get more business. Simply add your
QR Code to the business card and make it dynamic to display your latest creation.
- Online Influencers: Your next pitch can go swimmingly with a simple hack. Add a QR Code to your business
card outlining all the important stats - follower count, engagement ratio and reach to score your next brand collaboration.
- Celebrity Chefs: Share your latest food idea with a Video QR Code on a business card. Keep it dynamic to
upload the recipe of the week and use it to retarget anyone who scans it.
- Fashion Designer: Have your creations come to life in an interview or a meeting with a QR Code on a business card.
Not only will you make a lasting impression, but your designs will also be extremely easy to access.
- Graphic Designer: Some things can’t be explained in words. You need powerful visuals to get the idea across.
Your next meeting, pitch or interview is going to be a gamechanger with a QR Code on the business card.
- Photographer: Showcase your work with a QR Code on the business card. Keep it dynamic and retarget individuals who have scanned your code.
Designing your business card QR Codes
Your business card does not need to be simple. Try some of these design elements to leave a lasting impression.
- QR Code Cutout: Did you know that instead of printing the QR Code on the business card, you can have the
QR Code cutout on the business card instead? Smartphones can scan it just as easily as a printed one and makes for a very interesting QR Code.
- Colorful QR Code: Replace boring and drab QR Codes with colorful QR Codes that align with your branding. The trick is to use colors that belong to the branding palette.
- QR Code logos: What if your QR Code looked like a logo? You can easily use the colors used in your logo and add an image in the background to make your business card memorable.
- QR Code Shape: While the QR Code has to be a square, you can always experiment with the shape of the eyes in the QR Code. You can also change the color of the eyes to make your QR Code stand out. Do note that not all customized QR Codes are scannable so test it before you download it.
- Size of the QR Code: Ensure the QR Code is at least 2cmx2cm so that it remains scannable. Anything smaller than that may be rendered unscannable.
What is a vCard QR Code?
A vCard is a digital business card that you can share with someone instantly. A vCard QR Code is a QR Code that
allows users to scan the QR Code and add your business information immediately to their contacts.
Instead of adding QR Codes on business cards, you can use the QR Code to be your business card. All the latest
smartphones - iPhones and Android can scan QR Codes without an app which means consumers can scan the QR Code
and within a couple of seconds, they will have your information on their phone.
How do I create a vCard?
Creating a vCard is easy with Beaconstac’s QR Code generator. Enter your contact
details and click on customize
to add colors of your choice. You can also add your logo to the vCard QR Code. Click
on 'Generate Code' to download your QR Code for free.
How to create customized QR Codes
How to create dynamic vCards?
QR Codes do not need to be static or single-use. You can create dynamic vCard QR Codes that evolve with you. For
instance, if your phone number changes, you can just use the dynamic vCard to edit information and re-use the
same QR Code. Dynamic vCards help you disseminate information without going through the cumbersome process of
printing out new QR Codes.
What is a dynamic QR Code and how to create them?
Use Beaconstac’s vCard Plus QR Code to create a vCard that contains your image, customizable background, company’s details and logo and your location.
What are the advantages of QR Codes on visiting cards?
QR Codes on business cards serve a variety of purposes.
- 1. Dynamic information: If your business contact details change, you do not have to go around handing
out new business cards, you can re-use the same QR Code to display your updated contact details. These are
known as multi-use or dynamic QR Codes.
- 2. Enhanced design: Instead of having a business card cluttered with information, you can just have
your name and a QR Code. This also appeases the minimalistic approach of design and follows the ‘Less is
- 3. Latest in business: Consumers can scan your QR Code to learn what’s new at your store including
new deals, discounts, product launches or special events.
How much information can be stored in a QR Code on a business card?
A standard QR Code can hold up to 3 Kb of data. The more information a QR Code, the busier it appears.
How can I scan a small QR Code?
Move closer to the QR Code if it is too small to be scanned from a distance. If you are using an iPhone, you will
automatically be prompted to move closer. If the QR Code is smaller than 2 cm x 2 cm, you may not be able to scan it
How big does a QR Code need to be on a business card?
The QR Code on a business card should not be smaller than a 1 cm x 1 cm to ensure it remains scannable. You can
create a vCard QR Code with just the QR Code.
What can you link to from your business card?
You can link to your website, social media, resume, product video, email or phone.
Can I create QR Codes for business in bulk?
Yes, you can. You can either use the bulk QR Code Generator to create multiple QR Codes at once or integrate a QR Code Generator API into your app or website to create customized QR Codes.