How to use QR codes on Billboards and Banners
Well-designed QR codes can be used from letting potential customers know about your business to retaining old and
loyal customers. Here a few of the ways businesses and brands can use QR codes on billboards and banners:
How to generate QR codes for billboards and banners?
STEP 1: Choose the type of QR code
STEP 2: Enter the information in the Beaconstac QR code generator
STEP 3: Choose between static and dynamic
STEP 4: Customize the QR code
STEP 5: Generate and test the code
STEP 6: Download it in PNG, SVG or EPS
Create QR codes - easy and fast
How to design QR codes for billboards and posters?
- Choose the right QR code type: For instance, a Website QR code can be used to deliver a website which is
instrumental to drive traffic online. Once you decide on the intent, you can select the right QR code type. What are the different QR code types?
- Customize the QR code: Your QR code does not have to be black and white. You can add colors and your own
logo to the QR code. This not only helps your QR stand out but it also clearly piques the interest of the
- Consider placement: The QR code should not get lost in your billboard or banner. It should be the focus
- Only use scannable QR codes: Test your QR code before you mass produce your billboards and banners. You
can print the QR code as large as you want but you have to make sure that it is not too small.
Why is a QR code billboard and banner so effective?
71% of consumers find digital billboards far more engaging than online ads and 55% of users heavily engage with the
ad campaign. These OOH advertising stats are already working in favor of businesses and brands. But adding a QR code
enhances the entire campaign and here’s how:
- Track scans and analytics: You cannot effectively or easily track the number of consumers who actually
saw and engaged with billboards and banners. Add a QR code to the billboard and you can get analytics and
insights such as time of scan, location, date, country, OS used.
- Retargeting online on Google and Facebook: Retargeting helps to reinforce the branding in a consumer’s
brain. Once they see your OOH advertisement and scan the QR code, with the help of Beaconstac’s intuitive
dashboard, you can easily retarget them online with the Facebook and Google Conversion ID.
- No need for an app: QR codes have gained immense popularity over the last few years because there is no
app involved. Consumers only have to point their camera at a QR code for less than a second and the associated
action can be performed.