How to use QR Codes on brochures
You can use QR Codes on brochures in multiple ways:
- Explainer product videos: Add a Video QR Code on your brochure to enhance your product offering.
Consumers absorb videos more than text. They are 12 times more likely to watch a video than to read a
- Add events to calendars: If you are handing out an event brochure, place a QR Code there allowing
customers to add your event to their calendar directly.
- Coupon codes for sales brochures: Add a Coupon QR Code to your sales brochure to allow customers to buy
products with the coupon code already applied at checkout.
- Share contact details: Use your brochures to share your business details through a vCard QR Code or your website through a Website QR Code. You can also use a Google Maps QR Code to redirect your users to your physical store and have
them call you through a Call QR Code.
Different types of QR Code available
Best practices to keep in mind when using a QR Code on a brochure
- Choose the right kind of QR Code
- Customize it with your logo and color
- Consider the placement
- Include a compelling call-to-action
- Only use high-quality images
STEP 1: Choose the right kind of QR Code
Whether you are printing out a sales, event or an educational brochure, use the right type of QR Code to enhance your
How to create a QR Code
STEP 2: Customize it with your logo and color
Use a QR Code generator to customize the
colors of your QR Code. Beaconstac’s QR Code allows you to create custom designed QR Codes with your own logo for
free with unlimited scans. You can create QR Codes in line with your branding. It is recommended that you test these
color QR Codes before printing them.
STEP 3: Consider the placement
QR Codes on brochures must be scannable. The general ratio of scanning distance to QR Code size is usually 10:1 to
avoid it becoming too small to scan. The QR Code should be front and center to accelerate the number of scans. Avoid
printing the QR Code on the edge or any folds as it might distort the code and prevent it from being
How to scan QR Codes with an iPhone and
Android phones without an app
STEP 4: Include a compelling call-to-action
A CTA is essential if you want more people to scan your QR Code and let consumers know exactly what they will find
once they scan the QR Code.
SMB Guide: How
to design and use QR Codes
STEP 5: Only use high-quality images
Your brochure must have high-quality images to make it attractive and engaging for customers and to ensure the QR
code remains scannable.
QR Code for flyers: How to create and use QR Codes